April Lockhart

April Lockhart (born July 4, 1995) started her musical journey in the 7th grade when she started piano and guitar classes. At the age of 12 April wrote her first song Different. When she was 14 April spent a lot of her day writing and practicing songs. Soon, April began going in NY and LA along with her dad so that they could both write songs. April started to incorporate additional relevant subjects into the song, which she called the Take my Hand song for some acquaintances, including peer pressure issues and suicide among teens. Lockhart, a popular lifestyle blogger and having partnerships with brands that are clean and healthy like Ilia, has built a large following. The disability she has is part of her persona, however it is not the whole image. Lockhart's Twitter profile does not shy away from the fact that she is disabled, but neither does it concentrate on the fact that she is disabled. It's a reminder. There is more to us than our physical selves. Our identities are complicated and include a myriad of dimensions. Lockhart says in a video interview with Lockhart via video "I do not believe that disability will define me. I don't intend to have an impact on disability because I have plenty to offer." It doesn't impact my everyday living. I still do all the things I normally would and I've adapted to the limitations of my disability. Because it's an integral part of me, it's something that's worthy of talking about. Lockhart encourages us to keep going with self-acceptance. Still, she admits that she went through a few phases regarding her appearance, feeling uneasy in some instances to wear clothes that showed the arms of her. She is able to wear anything she wants, and she happily shares pictures of her wearing these clothes. Self-love she said is like a journey. "I do not think that you'll be there," she said. This is a process, and I'm not sure you'll ever arrive. It's essential to have those in your life who know and appreciate your situation. They will be the ones to ask you: What do you worry about?

 April Lockhart April p   Lockhart o  April Love Geary  April Love i  April j Geary

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aya Kiguchi

Emily VanCamp

Adelaide Clemens